- Product Name: Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA)
- Appearance: Colorless viscous liquid
- Classification: 99.9% disinfection
- Chemical Formula: C3H8O2
- CAS No.: 67-63-0
- Hs Code: 2905122000
- EINECS: 200-338-0
Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) disinfectant, an organic compound, also known as dimethyl methanol and 2-propanol. It is a colorless and transparent liquid under normal temperature and pressure. It smells like a mixture of ethanol and acetone. It is soluble in water, but also soluble in most organic solvents such as alcohol, ether, benzene, and chloroform. Mainly used in pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, plastics, perfumes, paints, etc.
|Molecular weight||60.10 gmol1|
|Melting point:||sub zero 89 °C|
|Boiling point:||82.6 °C (180.7 °F; 355.8 K)|
|Packing||160 kg/drum||800 kg/IBC||ISO TANK|
|20′ FCL||12.8 MT||16 MT||18 MT|
|40′ FCL||24.32 MT||25.6 MT||18 MT|
99.9% Isopropyl Alcohol As a Disinfectant
Isopropyl alcohol has a strong sterilization ability and is a medium-efficiency disinfectant. It can kill bacterial propagules, viruses, and fungi, and it has a stronger killing effect on certain bacteria and viruses than isopropyl alcohol. Generally speaking, it has the same disinfection scope as alcohol disinfectant, and its sterilization ability is better than ethanol. IPA is mostly used for skin disinfection, hand disinfection, and medical instruments disinfection such as microscope eyepieces, and objective lenses, ultrasound probes, stethoscopes, etc. 99.9 % isopropyl alcohol is the most widely used. Besides, it can be used in the preparation of compound disinfectant instead of ethanol.
Fengbai has an available stock of isopropyl alcohol disinfectant in China. If you are looking for isopropyl alcohol (IPA) at a good price, please contact us now.
Industrial Uses of IPA
- As an organic raw material and solvent, isopropyl alcohol (IPA)has a wide range of applications in industry. As a chemical raw material, IPA can be used to produce acetone, hydrogen peroxide, methyl isobutyl ketone, diisobutyl ketone, isopropylamine, isopropyl ether, isopropyl alcohol ether, isopropyl chloride, and fatty acid isopropyl ester, etc.
- In the field of fine chemicals, it can be used to produce nitric acid substitute esters, pathogen acid substitute esters, triphosphate triphosphates, trisubstituted aluminum alkoxides, medicines, and pesticides.
- As a solvent, IPA price is a relatively cheap solvent in the industry. It has a wide range of uses, can be mixed with water, and has a stronger solubility for lipophilic substances than ethanol. It can be used as a solvent for nitrocellulose, rubber, paint, shellac, alkaloids, etc. It can be used to produce coatings, inks, extractants, aerosols, etc. It can also be used as an antifreeze, cleaning agent, additive for blending gasoline, dispersant for pigment production, fixing agent for printing and dyeing industry, anti-fogging agent for glass and transparent plastic, etc.